If you are a care leaver of a residential group and need counseling and support, just come to our counseling center in Bremen! No matter whether you have moved out of the SOS Children’s Village Bremen or not: We are looking forward to you! The counseling is free-of-charge, of course!
The point of contact and counseling center is open Tuesdays and Thursdays despite the Corona restrictions. Please bring a mouth-and-nose cover.
“Care leavers are young adults who have lived in a residential group, a foster family or with another residential youth care provider and are no longer cared for.”
We offer counseling and support:
- if you have any questions regarding school, job applications, vocational training, and jobs,
- if you struggle with the authorities and need help filling in application forms
- if you need help regarding living and life in Bremen
- if you feel lonely and want to meet people of the same age or want to join a club or association or
- if you need someone to sort out your current situation in life, someone who helps you to find out how to proceed
We can support and help you with the following:
- with our knowledge and experience in counseling because we have supported young adults on their way to independence for many years
- we can rely on the large network of SOS Children’s Villages Bremen (lawyers, job coaches and psychologists are members of our network)
- we can mediate contact with voluntary counselors, e. g. for official appointments with the authorities or to practice German and
- we also know other counseling centers in Bremen, and we refer you to another care provider if they suit your needs better than we do